LAP 101 – Food Resources: Feeding the Hungry
Gain real, practical solutions for feeding the hungry through spiritual and practical principles. Strategies on how to proactively address the needs in the community, begin a food ministry, where to find food resources, who to approach for donations successfully and incorporating individuals, churches and organizations in the community. Learn key components in managing, storing and distributing food. Understand serving from the heart of God.
This course is a pre-requisite for the following Tracks:
- Missions Track
- Understanding of how practically applying spiritual concepts helps demonstrate the love of God.
- Learn strategies to approaching businesses and organizations who may donate.
- Teaching those in church “joyful giving” of food supplies, storing for the needy.
- Applying strategies of collaborative synergy with those wanting to help such as volunteers
- Learn proper ways of sorting, cleaning and dating food, stock rotation.
- Understand and demonstrate concepts of storing food for safe food handling.
- Grasp spiritual and practical principles in preparing and distributing food orders.
- Lectures 5
- Quizzes 3
- Duration 45 hours
- Skill level Beginner
- Language English
- Students 10
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes
Who May Want to Help?3
Handling and Storing Food - 11
Handling and Storing Food - 22
Creating Personal Food Orders2