AAT 102 – Food Resources: Close Together Planting
Explore a unique method of gardening, ideal for small spaces. Learn the basics of creating, layering and fertilizing a raised-bed. Study methods of composting, fertilizing and soil additions. Gain key principles on planning, planting and maintaining a garden. Crop rotations, forms of irrigation, seed varieties and storage of various fruits and vegetables equip students to both use and teach acquired knowledge.
- Gained knowledge on the basics of raised-bed gardening.
- Understand the steps of creating a raised-bed.
- Determine and identify various types of soil.
- Demonstrate knowledge of transplanting.
- Plan and execute a raised-bed, close together garden.
- Understand garden care and maintenance.
- Identify forms of good and bad garden pests, explain methods of insect control
- Knowledge on harvesting, cleaning and storing fruits and vegetables.
- Ability to harvest seeds and roots from various vegetables and how to store for next planting season.